Tuesday 3 January 2012

New Year, New Creations!

Hello and happy new year!
January in my eyes is a time to evaluate and to get new ideas into practice. Having attended several craft fairs over the christmas period, some of which were fairly unsuccessful, I have decided to branch out my creativity and try something new! I have been inspired firstly by my three wonderful children and secondly by a magazine passed onto me by my Mum entitled 'Craft Seller'. In it was instructions on how to make a patchwork quilt for a baby. Sewing has never been my strong point but nevertheless I decided to give it a try and make my two month old son a quilt for christmas! I was overwhelmed by all the beautiful material available online and the next day I had ordered fat quarters galore! I followed the instructions in the magazine and also got a bit of help from some tutorials on youtube and within a couple of days I had created a beautiful retro present that I'm hoping he will treasure! I felt very proud of myself. However that's not the end of the story! My eldest daughter then put in a request for a pink style quilt so I had great pleasure in selecting a load of girly fabrics for hers! I am in the process of making this one and having gained a bit of experience from the first attempt, it's going rather well! I couldn't leave out my other daughter who wants one with lots of yellow, her favourite colour! So I will be busy with hers next. I love the whole process that goes into designing and making a quilt, from the fabric selection to the layout of the squares and then watching it evolve into a beautiful cosy creation! I will be for sure adding a quilt or two to my etsy shop to see if they sell!

                                                             Blaise,s Finished Quilt

                                                               Sophia's Quilt in the making!

1 comment:

  1. Hello! Gorgeous quilts. I love the fabrics you have used. They look fab! x

    ReplyDelete